Terms and Conditions
The NGDO (Non-Governmental Organization for the Development) The Big Hand, Legal Person Identification Number (NIPC) nº 509519792 with fiscal address at Rua D.Maria II Bloco2 Lote B, 2260-434 Vila Nova da Barquinha is the legitimate owner of the online store The Big Hand and whose domain is associated to www.thebighand.org
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE
1. For additional information or for clarification of any issues you may contact us via email: [email protected] and by telephone: (+351) 92 636 20 67 on business hours: working days from 9am to 6pm.
3. SUBJECT MATTER AND SCOPE
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale exclusively regulate the purchase and sale made in the Big Hand online store, between the Final Consumer as purchaser and The Big Hand NGDO as a seller and apply to all visitors of the website www.bighand.org, as well as to any transaction of a commercial nature carried out through this online store.
1. The navigation as well as the purchase of any product on The Big Hand online store implies acceptance of these general conditions of use and contracting.
The Big Hand NGDO reserves the right to change these conditions of use and contracting in order to adapt it to the applicable legislation, without prior notice, as well as to modify at any time the information and commercial offer presented on products, prices, promotions, commercial conditions and services, and any change will always be published on the website www.thebighand.org
All content and information available at www.thebighand.org are the property of The Big Hand NGDO or of its commercial partners as legitimate owners, and therefore its use, reproduction, copying and dissemination of logos, texts, images and videos included in it is forbidden.
4. CONDITIONS OF USE
The Final Consumer shall supply to The Big Hand NGDO an email or postal address, or the details in regard to another form of contact which are complete and correct and agrees that The Big Hand NGDO may contact him/ her using those details, if it considers it appropriate.
1. Any visitor to The Big Hand online store undertakes to comply and respect these general conditions, namely by observing the following obligations:
It is forbidden to introduce, store or disseminate through The Big Hand online store any defamatory, obscene, insulting, xenophobic or any other content that violate the general principles of law and public order;
Not to use false identities;
Provide your correct personal data and address so that The Big Hand can properly process orders;
2. The Final Consumer is the sole responsible for the truthfulness of the personal data provided to The Big Hand and undertakes to insert and inform immediately of any changes through the e-mail: [email protected]
3. The Big Hand NGDO shall not be liable for any delay or impossibility of processing the order due to error or insufficiency of the data communicated by the Final Consumer, particularly at the time of delivery.
5. SHIPPING OF PRODUCTS AND DELIVERIES
1. The products ordered through The Big Hand online store will be shipped and delivered on working days.
2. The Big Hand NGDO only processes an order placed by a customer following confirmation of payment and therefore cannot guarantee the availability of the goods until the start of such processing.
3. We can only fulfill the delivery of an order if the shipping address of the products is well indicated by the User, and that address is located in a house or office located in a place and/or country in which The Big Hand NGDO carries out the delivery of shipments.
4. The order is deemed to have been delivered with the signature of the delivery receipt at the agreed address.
5. The Big Hand NGDO shall not be liable for failure to comply with delivery times resulting from any event, act or omission, beyond the control of The Big Hand online store.
6. Normally, deliveries are made in a single shipment. However, we reserve the right to split the delivery of the order if a part of the order is late or unavailable. In the event that we split the order, the customer shall be notified by e-mail of our intent to do so. For this purpose the e-mail address provided by the customer at the time of purchase shall be used.
7. At the time of delivery, the customer must inspect the packaging for possible damage during transport. If the products are found to be damaged, the customer must refuse to receive the order by indicating the reason in the delivery note and informing The Big Hand online store by e-mail.
The Big Hand NGDO will refund the amounts paid by the customer as soon as the order is received and the returns process is completed.
8. Any complaint of non-receipt of an order, whose fact is not attributable to the customer, must be made within a maximum period of 10 days from the date of dispatch of the order.
6. CANCELLATIONS, RETURNS, EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
1. The customer may cancel the order as long as it has not yet been shipped. If the customer places an order and wishes to cancel it, he should first contact The Big Hand and enquire of the status of the order, and if the order has not yet been dispatched, he may request the cancellation of his order.
2. If you are not fully satisfied with our products, The Big Hand will take them back within 14 days of receipt of the order and return the full amount, provided that they are delivered as they were (including original packaging), i.e. without being tampered with / used. The costs of return shipping will be borne by the customer. There are no exchanges and / or returns of items changed, used or otherwise damaged by misuse of the same. The refund of returned products will be made immediately following their good receipt.
3. We do not accept returns of products with postage costs or other costs chargeable to The Big Hand.
4. The customer has the right to return the delivered products if they are found to be defective or otherwise not to conform to the ordered products. The products must be returned and delivered to The Big Hand NGDO within 5 days from the date of contact by e-mail. For this purpose the customer may do so as long as the product is in the same condition as it was sold, including packaging, any accessories and the instruction book, if any. If your complaint is justified, the price and shipping costs will be refunded.
5. The Big Hand NGDO is not responsible for the loss of the order to be returned and/or exchanged.
Send an e-mail to: [email protected] indicating the order details and the product(s) to be exchanged/returned.
If the product you purchased has a lower value than the item you want to exchange, you will be asked for payment details to make the bank transfer of the difference in values of the items.
Following receipt of your order by email, The Big Hand NGDO will analyse the request and respond to your email. In addition to the information of stock availability, it will send the details (name and address) that should be used to ship the product(s) that will be exchanged, as well as the payment method for the postage costs for shipping the new item.
Upon receipt of the product(s), The Big Hand NGDO will analyse the product(s) and verify that the conditions of exchange/returns are in accordance, and then send the new order to the same address within 2-5 working days.
The cost of exchanges/returns is borne by the Customer (except for quality reasons upon delivery).
7. MEANS OF PAYMENT
1. The payment methods available will be displayed in The Big Hand online store. If you are unable to pay by the methods shown, you should contact us by email, in order to examine the possibility of obtaining another form of payment.
2. You can pay for your products with your usual credit cards, PayPal and bank transfer.
3. For payments by credit card, all details (such as for example card number, expiry date or security code) shall be sent by Encrypted Protocol to the company providing the remote electronic payment services, without third parties having access to the transmitted information. This information will not be used by The Big Hand NGDO, except to carry out operations necessary for purchase or refund, in the event of return in accordance with the exercise of the right of return, or for reporting fraudulent cases to the police.
4. If the Final Consumer chooses to pay by bank transfer, proof of payment must be sent to the email, [email protected], which must contain the order reference. We will only start processing the order once we have received the funds in our account.
5. Please do not attempt to make payment by any means unspecified in The Big Hand online store. If you attempt to do so, The Big Hand NGDO shall not be liable for any loss of payment or any other damages that may arise as a result.
1. The Big Hand NGDO provides in The Big Hand online store the information on the essential product characteristics through descriptions obtained from its suppliers. Photographs or videos of the products sold, respect the best market standards.
2. The prices, products and shipping costs displayed on the website are presented in euros and include Value Added Tax (VAT).
3. The shipping costs are applied by order. The cost of shipping will depend on the weight of the order and the place or country where your order will be delivered. For additional information on shipping costs per country send an email to [email protected]
4. The prices of the products shown on the website are subject to change. The Big Hand NGDO reserves the right to change the prices without prior notice. The prices displayed at the time of purchase are the prices applied to that purchase.
1. The articles sold by The Big Hand NGDO, in The Big Hand online store are covered by the legal guarantee scheme, in accordance with the provisions of article 5 of Decree-Law no. 67/2003, of 8 April, with the alterations introduced by Decree- Law no. 84/2008, of 21 May.
1. The Big Hand NGDO shall only be liable for damages suffered by the Buyer where such damages are the result of breaches of the contractual obligations of The Big Hand NGDO towards the Final Customer, or where such liability arises under applicable law.
2. If the Buyer has suffered damage in connection with the website operation, the liability of The Big Hand NGDO shall be limited to damage to the products of The Big Hand online store and to reasonable and demonstrable costs incurred by the Buyer as a result of The Big Hand’s NGDO breach of these General Terms and Conditions.
3. The Big Hand NGDO shall not be liable for damages suffered by third parties as a result of the use of any of our products. The Big Hand NGDO shall not be liable for damages suffered by the Buyer as a result of the improper use of our products.
4. The Big Hand NGDO shall not be liable for damages resulting from incorrect information on the website.
5. All products sold in The Big Hand online store are in compliance with Portuguese and EU legislation.
6. The Big Hand NGDO does not assume any responsibility for damage or computer viruses that may infect your computer while browsing our website.
11. INTELECTUAL PROPERTY
1. All content and information contained in The Big Hand online store are the property of the Store or its business partners as legitimate owners, and therefore its use, reproduction, copy and dissemination of logos, texts, images and videos inserted therein is prohibited.
2. If the User wishes to use information or materials on the website, he/she must obtain the prior written consent of The Big Hand.
12. RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES AND APPLICABLE LAW
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale and all disputes arising in connection with these general terms and conditions, including their validity, the use of the biobazaar.pt website or any purchase contract therein shall be governed by Portuguese Law.
3. The Big Hand NGDO is at your disposal to provide any clarification or solve any problem related to the products in the online store. In the event of a dispute concerning contractual obligations resulting from purchase and sale contracts, the consumer may resort to the following Alternative Dispute Resolution Entity – CNIACC. For further information, please consult the Consumer Portal at www.consumidor.pt.
13. COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS
Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Please send us any comments and suggestions through our contact form or by any of the other means suggested in 2.1.